Paris Saint-Germain’s front three of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani all scored as the French side romped to a third straight Champions League win by thrashing Anderlecht 4-0 in Brussels on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a penalty but holders Real Madrid were held 1-1 at home by Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League on Tuesday, while Manchester City overcame Italian high-flyers Napoli 2-1.
WHY has a great English manager, a football man of Steve Coppell’s calibre had to travel to India to manage Jamshedpur in the Indian Super League?
With the FA in dire straits – embarrassed at Euro 216 and tainted by the recent Mark Sampson saga – why have they not approached someone with Steve’s skills and experience to help tackle the problems that have left The FA on its knees?
The ex-England international represented his country over 40 times, his top-level playing career cut tragically short through injury.
Two brilliant seasons at Reading between 2006-2008 got him justifiably in the mix but he was passed over, as usual bigger names and higher profiles swayed the blazer brigade.
Coppell took the Royals from ‘also rans’ and turned them into a record-breaking Championship-winning team, finishing on the brink of Europe in the club’s debut Premier League season.
The unfashionable Berkshire side operated on a small budget, driven by his appetite for success and work ethic, his desire resonated throughout the club, to his players and supporters.
Last year, in the ISL, he took rank outsiders Kerala Blasters to the final of their championship with an unfancied side. The sort of effort it would take for England to ever do well at a major tournament again.
Coppell is well respected and highly regarded among players, managers and coaches past and present.
Steve Coppell, left, was playing for Manchester United and England before colour photos[/caption]
Reading fans were given some of the best seasons in their history by Steve Coppell[/caption]
most read football
The former winger is in fact everything that current employees of The FA are clearly not!
Manchester United’s former No7 is a man of principle, honesty and clarity, a calm and calculated man you could trust implicitly.
Coppell is approachable, with a great sense of humour, but not over powering.
So what is not to like?
I suppose I have answered the question myself: He is everything we need but nothing the decision makers and money men want.
I guess he’s just not one of the boys.
Rather than weeding out the ‘yes’ men at The FA, maybe he’s content to continue his already successful management career and to challenge himself again in a different environment and culture.
Coppell may have become tired of the media scrutiny and pressures in English football.
Maybe it is because he has been rewarded financially and feels valued his employees in India.
But, if I was FA chief executive Martin Glenn, I would pick up the phone, apologise I have not been in touch sooner and make Steve an offer he couldn’t refuse.
The summer transfer window was one the craziest we have ever seen.
Take a look at the most profitable transfers of ALL time.
JOE HART has revealed he left Manchester City as he wasn’t going to be given a fair fight under Pep Guardiola.
The 30-year-old was deemed not good enough by Pep Guardiola when he took charge of the Citizens last summer, and instantly was told he is not part of his plans.
However, the goalkeeper has revealed he was no stranger for competition while at City after he fell out of favour with Mark Hughes back in 2009, with Shay Given promoted to number one.
He chose to stay and won his place back in the starting XI, but knew that was never going to happen under Guardiola.
Speaking to The Offside Rule Exclusives, he said: “I thought that was it at Manchester City.
“When I was 22, when Hughes did it, it made me a lot angrier than it did this time. I didn’t know how to deal with or how to cope with it.
“So when this happened I was all up for a fight, and a fair fight is good for me and if I lose I will shake hands with my opposition, but I realised this wasn’t going to be my opportunity for a fair fight so I looked elsewhere.
LATEST MAN CITY NEWS
“There was no point getting upset or irate because there was only ever going to be one winner and that was going to be the guy who Manchester City had put in charge.
“He has a lot of power and City fought like hell to get him as their manager and he had decisions to make and he made that with me.”
Hart – who featured just once under Guardiola – also revealed that he wanted to end his career at the Etihad after becoming a firm fan favourite with the fans, but doesn’t have any regrets about not being given a fair chance.
He added: “That’s life and that’s football. We all want a fair chance at everything but that’s not how it works. I’m not going to second guess why he wanted to get rid of me.
“The only thing that came of it is that I had to leave. Why he did it or what his intentions were I don’t really care because it makes no difference to my life.”
“It would be a lie to say I didn’t want to spend the rest of my career at City but it was too good an opportunity to turn down.
“Third or fourth choice at City or to go and play in Serie A so I took it.”
And with a World Cup looming next summer, the ex-Birmingham ace knows game time is a must if he is to be included in Gareth Southgate’s England squad.
His start at West Ham hasn’t got off to the best start – conceding 13 goals in seven games – but has kept a clean sheet in three out of his last four matches.
MOST READ IN FOOTBALL
CHELSEA have been handed a boost after learning that Alvaro Morata’s injury is “not serious.”
The in-form Spaniard was forced off the field after just 35 minutes in the 1-0 defeat to Manchester City on Saturday.
Morata was clutching his hamstring as he limped off sparking fears that he could be spending weeks on the sidelines.
But it appears the £65million signing will just be ruled out of the international break according to boss Antonio Conte.
Reported by the Times, the Italian said: “It’s a muscular problem.
“I don’t think it’s a serious problem because he stopped before it will become a serious injury. He said to me, ‘Coach, I prefer to stop myself otherwise I risk a bad injury.’
“The doctor now in the next days has to check the situation, but I don’t think he’s available for the national team.”
Morata, who has scored six times in his first six league starts, was initially included in Spain’s squad for their World Cup qualifying double header.
chelsea transfer news
But he’ll now have two weeks to recover before Chelsea’s trip to Crystal Palace on October 14.
Conte admitted that he thought about resting Morata after he scored a hat-trick at Stoke and then played against Atletico Madrid days later.
He added: “You have to try to not put your players in difficulty
“I make this decision to risk Morata in this game, because imagine if I decide to put Morata on the bench.”
This is a paid press release, which contains forward looking statements, and should be treated as advertising or promotional material. Bitcoin.com does not endorse nor support this product/service. Bitcoin.com is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within the press release.
Hal Robson-Kanu, English Premier League and Wales national team player, recently joined the ranks of investors of the Sandcoin project. Apparently, the sportsman is familiar with cryptocurrency and similar asset markets and monitors it regularly. This time, he expressed interest in the Sandcoin ICO.
According to Ruslan Pichugin, CEO of Sandcoin, he held a telephone conversation with Robson-Kanu and received an invitation to London to conduct further negotiations. The famous football player also turned out to be familiar with the construction business. His intention to invest in Sandcoin is based on a confidence that Russia is a promising market in this regard.
In London, Sandcoin representatives met with Robson-Kanu and top managers and agents in the football industry, who also showed interest in the project. Robson-Kanu said that he has been investing in the market for several years and looking forward to it.
The Sandcoin project tokenizes assets from the real industrial sector. The blockchain runs on the Ethereum platform. The source of the construction materials is a sand quarry located 60 kilometers from Moscow and 10 kilometers from the construction site of the central ring road. The mining will be carried out on a site of more than 100 hectares in Moscow Oblast.
According to geological analysis, the estimation of the quarry potential is at least 14.4 million square meters of sand. A licence for the development of this site has been obtained from the Russian Federal Subsoil Resources Management Agency. From October 2017 to April 2018, the preparatory work is scheduled, which includes construction of the necessary infrastructure. The mining operations at the quarry are planned for May 2018. Over the following two years, the Sandcoin team plans to develop a second quarry for sand production.
One SND token is equal to one cubic meter of building sand. The cost of one m3 of construction sand is $5-5.5. At the crowdsale, the price of an SND token was $1.25-2.00. At the preliminary stage of attracting investment, Sandcoin attracted 1500 Ethereum (about $450,000). There will be 3,170,000 SND tokens emitted for sale in the ICO. The company plans to attract about $4 million investment.
The project team expects the value of a SND token to reach four times the current ICO price in 2018. The buyout of tokens will begin in the summer of the mentioned year. The company plans to buy 10% of the existing SND tokens annually.
This is a paid press release. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the promoted company or any of its affiliates or services. Bitcoin.com is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.
The post PR: Famous Football Player Hal Robson-Kanu Invests in Sandcoin Project in Russia appeared first on Bitcoin News.
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been supporting his teammates who kneel for the National Anthem, and took to Instagram to point out a bit of hypocrisy.
The 33-year-old quarterback posted a photo of him and his teammates locking arms, while a cameraman in a hat films them from below.
“I can’t imagine what kind of social media attacks these cameramen must be enduring after taking a knee during the anthem and wearing a hat. #unity #equalityforall #love #cometogether #invitationtojoin” Aaron posted on Instagram along with the photo you can see in the gallery below.
In addition, Aaron wants fans to join in on the protest as well.
“This is about equality,” he said (via ESPN). “This is about unity and love and growing together as a society and starting a conversation around something that may be a little bit uncomfortable for people. “But we’ve got to come together and talk about these things and grow as a community, as a connected group of individuals in our society, and we’re going to continue to show love and unity, and this week we’re going to ask the fans to join in as well and come together and show people that we can be connected and we can grow together.”
Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as coach of Bayern Munich in the wake of their Champions League defeat by Paris Saint-Germain, the German club announced on Thursday.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice on his 400th Real Madrid appearance as the Champions League holders defeated Borussia Dortmund 3-1, while Harry Kane grabbed a hat-trick in Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-0 win at APOEL Nicosia on Tuesday.
Jesse Williams is sharing his thoughts about the National Anthem playing at football games.
The 36-year-old actor says that players stepping onto the field for the anthem is a marketing “scam” and does not have to do with NFL tradition.
“I think…it’s also important to realize that this anthem thing is a scam. This is not actually part of football. This was invented in 2009 from the government paying the NFL to market military recruitment – to get more people to go off and fight wars to die,” Jesse said on MSNBC.
He added, “This has nothing to do with NFL or American pastime or tradition. This is to get boys and girls to go fly overseas and go kill people. They’re marketing. They’re pumping millions and millions of dollars into the NFL to get us to put on a pageant in front of NFL football games to get you to go off and fight.”
Hear all that Jesse had to say in the video below…